Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I Won An Award!!



The Artistic Guild of the Wedding Photojournalist Association or [AG]WPJA is a group of international wedding photojournalists, who capture unscripted wedding moments as they happen, and excel in the art of post-production image processing. The [AG]WPJA is a division within the Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA); one which specifically promotes Fine Art Wedding Photojournalism.

I entered my first professional photography contest thinking it would be cool to be recognized, but I wasn't really expecting to win anything. But, whatdaya know? I took a first place in Details and an 8th place in Ceremony. AND, I placed #4 overall!!

I'm really excited.

From Jack & Julie Csernits wedding, this detail shot jumped out at me. Julie was chatting with friends, enjoying a sunny October day by the water and everything was working...the angle of the sun, the cut of the dress, the shadow & color of her wine glass and all that beautiful bling. I LOVE that bracelet...Tiffany's. Yummy. :)

1st Place: [AG]WPJA 2006 Winter - Details


And, this photo from Nicole & Kevin Senko's wedding at St Francis Church took an 8th place in the Ceremony category. I love photographing ritual and the faithful and being Catholic myself, this moment meant so much to me. I could feel it then and knowing the power of this faith, I can still feel it now. There is so much love and support being bestowed upon this couple at this moment.

8th Place: [AG]WPJA 2006 Winter - Ceremony

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey- congrats on the award! Great picture.

(and thanks for adding the Trash the dress link)- :)

Anonymous said...

Melisa-
Awesome photo. Congrats!
It was great to see you again out in Vegas!

-Mark
www.sparepixels.net